26 October 2008

the design taste test

Q: Which magazine best suits your style?
Real Simple
Martha Stewart's Living
Dwell
Architectural Digest
Country Home
A: Real Simple


Q: For my home, the colors I gravitate toward are often:
neutral, earth tones
soft colors, bordering on pastel: yellows, peach and pale blue
bold oranges and reds, perhaps simple black and whites
rich burgundies and deep, dramatic blues
the colors of nature: green and brown
A: the colors of nature: green and brown

Q: What type of wood do you prefer for your furniture?
maple, stained black
oak or chestnut
no wood; I prefer metal and/or plastic
mahogany
knotty pine
A: maple, stained black

Q :You prefer your walls to be:
freshly painted in simple, neutral tones
wallpapered with florals or acanthus leaves
glass and chrome
draped in red velvet, to match my cake
accented with exposed stones
A:freshly painted in simple, neutral tones

Q: The most treasured item in my home is:
my new, chrome espresso machine
a family heirloom
an original piece of mod furniture (or art)
my transferware or book collection
a flea market find, like the vintage traveling trunk I use for a coffee table
A:a flea market find, like the vintage traveling trunk I use for a coffee table


Q:I like my surroundings to be:
soothing and open
warm and elegant
funky and cool
exquisite and refined
comfortable and practical
A:soothing and open


Q: Tea sets should be:
kept in tea houses
set out on the kitchen counter, easily accessible
unusually shaped redesigns on the traditional concept of a tea set
displayed in a china cabinet, preferably on a sterling silver tray
stored in a closet with all the other stuff you only use once a year
A:set out on the kitchen counter, easily accessible

Q: A perfect night in my home would be:
an in-house, couples massage with a little reiki thrown in
a festive holiday dinner with family
a kitschy cocktail soiree and impromptu art showing
an elegant, six-course dinner party
a barbeque with badminton in the backyard
A:a barbeque with badminton in the backyard


Q: I prefer the surface areas in my home to be:
clean and clear of clutter
arranged with nicely framed family pictures and a few candles
dotted with a few eclectic gizmos and retro toys
display spaces for my many porcelain and silver antiques
filled with plants and various sentimental collectibles
A:clean and clear of clutter

Q: My friends would describe me as:
sophisticated
romantic
quirky
refined
down-to-earth
A:refined

Q:To me, a bold color palette for a room feels:
unsettling
a little pushy
exciting
regal
too urban
A:exciting


Q:My favorite kind of reading chair is:
a streamlined sectional
a comfy wingback
brushed steel and leather — or plastic!
a crushed velvet settee
a well-worn leather club chair
A:a comfy wingback


Q:To you, it is important that floor coverings be:
simple and neutral
elegant
bold and geometric
dramatic
rugged
A:simple and neutral


Q:In my living room, the TV should be:
quietly hanging on the wall, not a focal point
hidden in a beautiful armoire
a sleek and strong statement
non-existent
central, but subtle
A: non-existent


Q:A room should in part reflect:
my aesthetic sensibility
my heritage
my creativity
my travels
my love of sports or the outdoors
A:my creativity

Your design style is Contemporary






click this to find out yours!

No comments: