20 January 2008

coffee spoons and afternoons

Don’t you just love long drives…especially if you’re not the one driving hehe and your just seated at the back, munching on junk, listen to trip-friendly music and just momentarily escape your life?

I just love it when I don’t have company at the backseat and stretch my feet, hug my pillow and look outside, not minding the sun, see the stretch of trees and greens, people walking, think of things that you will do when you get back to YOUR life hehe. Whether it’s just a 30-min drive or an hour, I think it’s healthy to distress once in a while. That moment when you just stop, and drop the things that you’re doing and not mind at all even for that short time to re-connect what you REALLY wanna do with YOU.

A great place to re-kindle your strength of mind is just to get away and never plan where you’re going. Spontaneity, although I’m not a big fan of it hehe, gets you distraught and yet there’s that sense of tick to it that oh yes why didn’t I think of doing that before.

So it was a lazy Monday morning, and I am prepping myself for my work tonight, my mom dragged me to Anihan. Though I super love this place, I was kinda sluggish to go, but the foodie in me said go go go..I went anyway.

We discovered Anihan Technical school years back, my mom’s friend teaches there, this we found out by pure fate. Tucked in the city of Calamba, almost near Batangas, the school boasts of students, mostly less privileged who can do a lean-mean cake hehe. The students are trained for food service, their industry partners include Conti’s, GoodEarth, Cravings, Red Ribbon, Tagaytay Highlands and Max’s.. and a whole lot more. So you get what I mean when I say mean cake huh! Last time I was there, the girls are having their finals on bartending, the place never fail to amaze me!













Things we always look forward to at Anihan?


Walnut brownies!!!!!



and mom's fave, papaya atchara


I love eating brownies outside, the atmosphere's just perfect,i tend to get a li'l sleepy nga lang..heck with all the different kinds of brownies aandd add the food for the Gods, who wound't be?!? the place is so sleep conducive hehe. parang panaginip ang paligid:)

They do bulk orders too, i dunno the terms, you can contact them at (049) 545-5738 or through anihanschool@yahoo.com.

I won't tell you the exact location though baka makita ko pa kayo dun hehe

Enjoy the treats!



PS PS PS PS

A trip to Calamba won't be complete without taking home OKOY!!!

It's shrimp fritters, usually dipped in vinegar. the matakaw in me? I eat this with rice:) sarap!!




...and Binatog:)

boiled corn kernels, salt and coconut. Perfect merienda.



Both treats are found in the streets of J.P Rizal, my mom practically grew up here, she loves afternoon walks after school and waits for the tindera to open round 3 for these yummm afternoon delights:)

No comments: