02 April 2008

3:10 to Oman


I miss my ate.

It’s probably around 6 in the morning in Oman right now..

She’s sound asleep.. with the Olsen twins beside her.

Knowing her, she gets up when everyone’s having their own coffee breaks already. Hehe. Hmm what do I miss the most? To start off….everything.

We’re the complete opposites. I still remember the things we fought about. Clothes, clothes and shoes:) and everything else.. Who gets to wear the new shirt, petty fights. She sooo hates me that when you read her journals I’m always there, ‘ I hate Jayde’ or ‘I hate my sister’. She heads to the nearest bookstore to buy Shakespeare, while I run to Marcella to buy earrings and clips:) She’s fair, me? Obviously not. She’s bright and I’m not…kinda (hey this is my blog). And that explains this one, she’s from UP and I’m from La Salle (animo La Salle). She’d be out in science quiz bees and I on the other hand a drama ‘declamation’ queen (*wink wink*) She’s preppy, I’m boho-chic..ahhh the comparison never stops:)


But it wasn’t everyday squabbles; we had soo many good times together as well. She’s the best ate ever! She’d always buy me stuff, I always get to borrow her things too:)she loves bringing pasalubongs as well! Back in UP, we’d have lunches together; she’d take me to the quaintest café in town, taste the yummiest carrot cake, hiking at the mountains..(pause: am I crying already hehe). We love eating out, even just to share a pint of BTIC is bliss. Or fitting that perfect LBD. Watch Carrie. But I let her be when she goes to Powerbooks hehe.

I miss her snooty comments when I enter her room. She’d really tell me if I’m ugly that day, or what the hell was I thinking wearing that top. I swear I’ll put plaster in her mouth (including that crooked teeth hehe)!!!! Or Jayde, that’s stupid. Yes, we’re really sweet no?:)


But I love being with her, you don’t need to be madaldal at all, no awkward silences, no pretensions. She’s my handy dictionary, my fashion consultant, my personal shopper and my alalay hahaha. I must admit, it if weren’t for her, I’d be non-cultured:) from movie choices, to music, what’s cool and what’s not, almost all I guess, you know how it is when you’re young and you’re trying to copy the things that your ate does.(umm the kaartehan, just plain me:))


She’s the anti-everything. When everyone nods their heads, she’d have that frown in her face and will deliberately dissect every part that needs to be critiqued on. At the back of their heads, they’re asking how did Zoe and Sage become sooo nice?:))

I could go on and on, we all have our ate stories, the bad and the beautiful. Our own ates will forever be our icon, whether you like it or not (I go with the not:))

Nineteen more days and you’ll be turning 30 ate, I wish the wish you wish!

P.S

Don't be grumpy kuya, lagay din kita sa blog ko pag ngbday ka na hehe


P.S. ll

CHEAPO DEPOT whohoo

a steal for P450 sa Pavillion, O Ladies:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fab shoes.i miss shoes.i miss you too jada!huhuhu.birthday's over.alfredo,ceasar salad,papa john's pizza,watermelon,baskin robbins....miss mom,dad,jp,jada and everyone in between.